Monday, October 17, 2011

Denrele Hits New Deal With Channel O, 'Mocks' Soundcity

Before now their relationship was very rosy, with Denrele Edun occupying prominent roles in some of their big gigs, talk shows and other events. But things went sour and the skinny VeeJay was shown the way out under controversial circumstances.

Till date, the real cause(s) of the quarrel between Souncity and Denrele is still shrouded in secrecy, with different versions of the story flying around. Anyway, the guy has moved on and providence smiled on him recently as he successfully sealed a "good" deal with Channel O.

In an exclusive chat with a journalist, Denrele betrayed emotions by exposing his dislike for the way he was 'treated' by his former employer - Soundcity. Continue to read what he said...
Why do you think you got the job?
I had left that place I was working before. Eeerrrr, what’s the name of that place I used to work again…  They knew so they invited me because I assume they knew my capabilities. They called; I managed to get there, was tired and just did my thing. They had warned the MD of Channel O, Leslie about me. When I walked in, I saw them about 15!! I was flustered and behaving like my usual self shouted “aaaaah, kiniiii” and they all laughed.

When and why did u leave Soundcity?
5 months ago; I don’t want to depress myself by speaking about it.

Were you afraid you will lose relevance when u left?
I was never afraid I was losing relevance when I left Soundcity. What is yours will always be yours. I was born to shine. I knew something big would come my way. How? I didn’t know. When? I didn’t know; but it was bound to happen.
Interview culled from YNaija.

0 comments:

Post a Comment