Wednesday, June 15, 2011

60's Themed Fancy Dress

It was my mother-in-law to be's hen do on the weekend and it was 60's theme fancy dress so I figured I would show you my make shift outfit.
Dress: Primark
Waistcoat: H&M
Tights: Vintage Mary Quant
Shoes: ASOS
Necklace: Vintage
Bangles: via Ebay
Hairband: Random
Belt: Random
Eyelashes: Girls Aloud Kimberly
We decided to go with the hippy 60's theme rather than the mod (twiggy-esque) theme. Thank god as I had nothing to wear! This dress was a last minute find at Primark (fancy dress is exempt from my shopping ban if there is a theme I can't do from my current wardrobe)
This was actually the first time every for me to apply false eyelashes. Although I didn't get them perfect (they need to be a little closer to my lashes) I was pretty happy with them and I was majorly happy with how cool they looked and I got lots of comments. The little red gems were added later as one of the party brought them along to make flowers on our cheeks, but I thought just the 2 red dots were better.
What do you think? Does anyone have any tips for applying false lashes?
These were a total bargain, they only cost me 99p at Home Bargains and I got the Nicola pair too, they have little tiny silver butterflies on them, so will have to try those next time.

Daisymay X

0 comments:

Post a Comment